Situated on New Brunswick’s picturesque Richibucto River, our Village of Rexton prospers as an active, multi-cultural, and close-knit community. Our centrally located Kent County hamlet is home to proud, hard-working individuals and strong, nurturing, committed families – a legacy firmly planted by its industrious and resourceful founders since 1825. Rexton maintains its industrious and innovative legacy while growing and progressing and adapting to modern demands.
We are not your typical community, living here is all about lifestyle and its amenities. Our small village full of history that is postcard-pretty is packed with personality. Surrounded by outdoor adventures, which offer a range of activities for all seasons. The village also maintains several lifestyle amenities including community parks and playgrounds, ball field, recreation facility, interpretive walking trails and the Historical Site Bonar Law Common.
The candidate chosen will have proven management experience in dealing with financial management, preferably at the municipal level. He or she will be a self-starter and should have administrative experience and possess excellent skills in communication, organization and interpersonal relations, as well as knowledge of various computer software’s and recognized management skills in a team-oriented work environment. This position will require tact and discretion when preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and sensitive nature. Experience in municipal governance as well as fluency in written and spoken English and French would be considered assets.
Applicants can submit their resume in confidence to the following civic address or email address no later than January 29, 2021. Not all applicants will be considered for an interview.
Please clearly mark;
Att: Human Resources
Village of Rexton
82 Main Street, Rexton, NB, E4W 5N4
email@example.com | Fax: (506) 523-7383
Summary of the Job Description:
- The General Manager is directly appointed by the Village of Rexton Municipal Council, from who it receives its main direction concerning its work and to whom it answers.
- The General Manger also acts as municipal clerk and as treasurer for the Village Council.
- Responsible for supervising and exercising control over various departments.
- Daily administration of municipal operations
- Provide financial planning and supervise financial affairs (budget preparation and financial reports)
- Oversees operations and management
- Reviewing/Updating all municipal contracts
- Working with council to formulate long and short-term goals, policies, by-laws, plans, etc.
- Offering assistance and leadership to the staff and to Council during the decision-making process (making recommendations)
- Preparing and presenting grant applications to the various levels of government
- Maintaining liaison with various levels of government, businesses, organizations, individuals and other municipalities.
- Occasionally representing the municipality at meetings with various agencies/organizations.
- Maintaining good public relations with the citizens (resolving complaints and/or answering questions)
We know how to live… that’s why we are here!